Along with guaranteeing that all items in the Beauty Box will be vegan and cruelty-free, we also avoid certain harsh chemicals that are no good for your skin or wellbeing.
The beauty box contains clean, effective products that don’t rely on harmful ingredients. It will be free of:
1. BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole) and BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluen) - Often in lipsticks and moisturizers, BHA and BHT, if used in large amounts over a long period of time is linked to a variety of health issues.
2. Coal Tar Dyes - Often found in hair dyes or lipstick, coal tar dyes are derived from petroleum.
3. DEA (Diethanolamine) - DEA is often used to make cosmetics creamy or lather and commonly found in cleansers, shampoos, soaps, etc. It can be very irritating on the skin.
4. DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate) - Most commonly used in nail polish to stop it from becoming brittle, DBP has been linked to hormonal disruption.
5. Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives - We're talkin' DMDM hydantoin, methenamine, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, the list goes on. They increase the shelf life of products, but they release formaldehyde in order to do that job.
6. Parabens - We're sure you've heard of these. Used to preserve makeup and skin care products, but some types have been linked to hormonal disruption, cellular damage so we don't allow any in the box.
7. Parfum/Fragrance - We don't include synthetic fragrances, we keep is au-naturel.
8. PEG Compounds - mostly used as a thickener in cream-based cosmetics, PEG compounds are well known skin irritants.
9. Petrolatum - petrolium jelly is used in hair, lip and moisturizers to add shine or act as a moisture barrier. These can also irritate the skin and they mostly just sit on top of the skin, not allowing helpful ingredients to be absorbed.
10. Siloxanes - These are mostly found in hair products and deodorants.
11. SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) - This foaming agent is. in. everything. They can often be contaminated with harsh chemicals that are known carcinogens.
12. Triclosan - This is an antibacterial used in deodorants, cleansers, hand sanitizers, but it can be very harsh on the skin and kill off your good skin bacteria.
If you have any questions or worries about an ingredient, please write to use at email@example.com.